Institutional Scholarships

The Rollins Institutional Award is bestowed annually to deserving incoming MPH/MSPH students. A $30,000 award is disbursed evenly over the course of the degree program. The number of recipients varies each year. Domestic applicants must submit the FAFSA to be considered for this award.

International and DACA Applicants are also eligible for this award.

The RSPH Family Award is a partial tuition grant offered to any eligible RSPH employee’s child (natural or legally adopted) who enrolls in a master-level, degree-seeking program at the Rollins School of Public Health on a full-time basis. Courses taken on an audit basis (Special Standing) are not covered through the RSPH Family Award. The maximum award is 25% of tuition for the child of eligible  full-time and part-time employees.



The availability of the tuition award will depend on:

  • the employee's date of hire
  • the employee's eligible length of service
  • the employee's employment status


The graduated benefit chart below details the benefit levels:

Full Time

Part Time (.5 FTE  or More)

2 up to 5 Years

12.50% tuition award

4 up to 10 Years

12.50% tuition award

5 Years and More

25% tuition award

10 Years or More

25% tuition award


This tuition discount is provided per child. If both parents are Rollins employees and eligible for the RSPH Family Award for their children, the tuition discount will be based on the parent with the higher years of service. The amount of the award is not cumulative based on the parents’ eligibility. For example, if both parents are eligible for a 25% tuition award, the total benefit will be 25% of tuition (not 50%).


RSPH Employees are encouraged to contact Prudence Oliver in the Office of Student Affairs at with any questions.

The Lettie Pate Whitehead foundation is a charity dedicated to the support of women in nine southeastern states. The Foundation devotes most of its resources to the Lettie Pate Whitehead scholarship program, which provides scholarship grants to schools and colleges for deserving female students. The Foundation also supports selected nursing homes and hospices in Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia serving the needs of elderly women. More about the Lettie Pate Whitehead foundation can be found here: Lettie Pate Whitehead Foundation.

The Lettie Pate Whitehead Scholarship is awarded annually to Christian female students from Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee or Florida that demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA. The amount of awards granted varies each year.

This institutionally funded award is for full-time MPH/MSPH students. Award amounts vary and are typically disbursed in the first year of study.

This institutionally funded award is for full-time MPH/MSPH students. Award amounts vary.

These institutionally funded grants range from $10,000 to $30,000. All grants are based upon eligibility and availability of funds. To maximize your chances of being awarded an institutional grant, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as it becomes available.

International students are eligible for the Pathway and Lupton awards and should visit our International Students' Programs and Services page for more information about other funding resources.

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)—Federal regulations require that students receiving financial aid maintain satisfactory academic progress, which will be monitored by the Office of Financial Aid. All students who receive financial aid—whether from federal, state, or Emory-funded sources—must be enrolled degree candidates in good standing to retain financial aid awards.   

Aid recipients must meet certain quantitative and qualitative measures and complete their programs within a maximum time frame. The definition and criteria to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress are described here.  If a student has questions regarding this policy, he/she should send an email to