Global Field Experience Financial Award
- Well-defined, rational, and feasible
- Integral to the student’s public health training
- Of measurable value to the host organization/community, and
- Based in a clearly articulated, mutually beneficial partnership
Understanding Field Experiences and Funding Sources
There are many funding resources available to financially support your APE. The GFE Financial Award is one of many, check below for more information on other funding sources.
- GFE Financial Award - Continue for more information regarding the GFE Fund.
- GEMMA Award – this award is used to fund students’ practicum, research or awareness raising events related to the Global Elimination of Maternal Mortality From Abortion (GEMMA).
- EGHI Field Scholars Awards Program - Students work in multidisciplinary teams to conduct short-term global health projects focusing on underserved and/or vulnerable populations around the world.
GFE Financial Award Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria
- The field experience must be a minimum of six weeks, but average field experiences are between 10-12 weeks.
- Students must be enrolled at RSPH or Emory for the semester following their field experience
- Priority consideration will be given to eligible fieldwork that takes place in low- and middle-income (LMIC) nations as defined by the World Bank or within tribal states or Alaskan native lands. However, the committee also considers funding proposals for fieldwork in high-income nations with underserved and/or vulnerable populations.
- Funding is not provided for student travel that can be categorized as a mission trip, medical "tourism," shadowing clinicians in settings abroad, or work confined to an office or lab, in another country.
Important GFE Financial Award Dates 2018-2019
|Application Opens Online||December 19, 2018|
|Faculty Member Sign-off Required||February 20, 2019|
February 21, 2019
|First Tier Notifications Sent||March 8, 2019|
|Revise and Resubmit Deadline||
March 21, 2019
|Final Notification Sent||
March 29, 2019
April 6, 2019
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM