I am a Research Assistant Professor of Biostatistics at Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University.
My research interests focus on Bayesian methodology with applications to non-invasive EEG-based Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI).
I closely collaborate with physicians and faculty members at Emory Brain Health Center (BHC). Click here for the BHC Project Dashboard.
Areas of Interest
- Bayesian Analysis
- Brain-Computer Interface
- Ph.D. 2022, University of Michigan
- M.S. 2018, University of Michigan
- B.S. 2016, Sichuan University (Dual Degree)
- B.S. 2015, University of Michigan
Affiliations & Activities
For physicians at Emory Brain Health Center:
- If you require statistical support from me, click here for the two-step submission guidance!
- If you would like to schedule an appointment with me after request submission, click here!
For students: if you would like to schedule an appointment with me to discuss any specific topic, click here!
- Shannon Zhou, Tarek Hanna, Tianwen Ma, Timothy D. Johnson, Christine Lamoureux, Scott Weber, Jamlik-Omari Johnson, Scott D. Steenburg, Jeffrey W. Dunkle & Suzanne T. Chong, 2023, Daytime, evening, and overnight: the 24-h radiology cycle and impact on interpretative accuracy, Emergency Radiology, ,
- Tianwen Ma, Li Yang, Jane E. Huggins, Ji Zhu, and Jian Kang, 2022, Bayesian Inferences on Neural Activity in EEG-Based Brain-Computer Interface, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 117, 1-12
- Suzanne Chong, Tarek Hanna, Christine Lamoureux, Tianwen Ma, Scott Weber, Jamlik-Omari Johnson, Eric Friedberg, Robert S Pyatt, Catherine J Everett, Timothy D Johnson, 2022, Interpretations of examinations outside of Radiologists' fellowship training: assessment of discrepancy rates among 5.9 million examinations from a National Teleradiology Databank, American Journal of Roentgenology, 218, 738-745
- Tianwen Ma, Jane E. Huggins, and Jian Kang, 2021, Adaptive Sequence-Based Stimulus Selection in an ERP-Based Brain-Computer Interface by Thompson Sampling in a Multi-Armed Bandit Problem, IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM), ,
- Sean A Woolen, Ella A Kazerooni, Scott D Steenburg, Bin Nan, Tianwen Ma, Amber Wall, Nathaniel B Linna, Matthew J Gayed, Michael V Kushdilian, Kelly Parent, Shannon Cahalan, Mitchell Alameddine, Lauren M Ladd, and Matthew S Davenport, 2019, Optimizing electronic release of imaging results through an online patient portal, Radiology, ,