As a renowned Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Epidemiologist in Wash, Sanitation and Hygiene, CDC's Tom Handzel has worked around the globe.
Areas of Interest
- Emergency Preparedness
- Public Health Preparedness and Response
- Husain F, Hardy C, Zekele L, Clatworthy D, Blanton C, Handzel T., 2015, A pilot study of a portable hand washing station for recently displaced refugees during an acute emergency in Benishangul-Gumuz Regional State, Ethiopia., Confl Health, 9,
- Berendes D, Levy K, Knee J, Handzel T, Hill VR., 2015, Ascaris and Escherichia coli Inactivation in an Ecological Sanitation System in Port-au-Prince, Haiti., PLoS One, ,
- Diane Morof*, Susan T. Cookson, Susan Laver, Daniel Chirundu, Sarika Desai, Penninah Mathenge, Donald Shambare, Lincoln Charimari, Stanley Midzi, Curtis Blanton and Thomas Handzel, 2013, Community Mortality from Cholera: Urban and Rural Districts in Zimbabwe, The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, , 11-0696
- Gelting R, Bliss K, Patrick M, Lockhart G, Handzel T., 2013, Water, sanitation and hygiene in Haiti: past, present, and future., Am J Trop Med Hyg, 89, 665–670.