This program is open to students who are currently enrolled in a master's degree program at the Rollins School of Public Health.
RequirementsStudents earn a certificate by meeting the following requirements:
- Take the following core courses:
- EPI 511 Social Determinants of Health Seminar (1 cr; S/U)
- EPI 591S Social Epidemiology (2 cr; must earn a grade of at least a B+)
- Take 6 credits from the Approved Elective Course list, and earn a grade of at least a B+. These courses cannot be used to meet the core course requirements of the student's degree program.
- Complete a capstone project or thesis on a topic related to social determinants of health.
- At least one research question or aim must pertain to a SDOH factor.
- Abstracts of the final projects must be submitted to the certificate committee for review and approval.
- Complete an Applied Practice Experience (APE) on a topic related to social determinants of health.