The purpose of Georgia Public Health Association – Emory Chapter is:
- To actively promote the core functions and essential functions of public health in an effort to improve public health practice.
- To bring students concentrating in all departments of the Rollins School of Public Health together into one organization by engaging and emphasizing general public health awareness, policy, and advocacy.
- To provide the membership with opportunities for the pursuit of continuing education and networking in order to enhance their skills and abilities in their daily public health work.
- To serve as a bridge to the professional public health community.
- To strengthen, advance and support the activities of the association in its efforts to improve the health of the citizens of Georgia.