Faculty, Behavioral/Social/Health Educ
Dr. Crawford is an Assistant Professor in Behavioral, Social and Health Education Sciences in the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University. She is also the Director of the Prevention and Implementation Sciences Core in the Center for AIDS Research at Emory. Trained in social epidemiology, she received her PhD and MPH in Epidemiology from Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health. Dr. Crawford completed her post-doctoral training at the University of Michigan as a Robert Wood Johnson Health and Society Scholar. She is also a graduate of Spelman College where she trained in Women Studies and Biochemistry. Dr. Crawford's broad research interests are examining the social processes that create and perpetuate racial and ethnic disparities in HIV. Her research examines the impact of structural interventions in non-traditional health care settings on reducing racial inequities in HIV among marginalized populations.
1518 Clifton Road, NE GCR #538
Atlanta , GA 30322
Areas of Interest
- Addiction/Substance Abuse
- Health Disparities
- HIV/AIDS Prevention
- Implementation Science
- Social Determinants of Health
- Social Epidemiology
- PhD 2011, Columbia University
- MPH 2006, Columbia University
- BA 2004, Spelman College
- BSHES 542: Socio-Behavioral Measurement
Affiliations & Activities
Full publications lists:
- Crawford ND, Myers S, Young H, Klepser D, Tung E., 2021, The Role of Pharmacies in the HIV Prevention and Care Continuums: A Systematic Review., AIDS and behavior, 25, 1819-1828. PMID: 33386509; PMCID: PMC8084889.
- Crawford ND, Haardöerfer R, Cooper H, McKinnon I, Jones-Harrell C, Ballard A, von Hellens SS, Young A., 2020, Characterizing the Rural Opioid Use Environment in Kentucky Using Google Earth: Virtual Audit., Journal of Medical Internet Research, 22, PMID: 31588903; PMCID: PMC6800460.
- Crawford ND, Josma D, Morris J, Hopkins R, Young HN. , 2020, Pharmacy-based pre-exposure prophylaxis support among pharmacists and men who have sex with men., Journal of American Pharmacist Association (2003)., 60, 602-608. PMID: 32007364; PMCID: PMC7387144.
- Crawford ND, Moore K, Christine PJ, Barrientos-Gutierrez T, Seeman T, Diez Roux AV., 2018, Examining the Role of Neighborhood-Level Foreclosure in Smoking and Alcohol Use Among Older Adults in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis., American Journal of Epidemiology, 187, 1863-1870.
- Crawford ND, Ford C, Rudolph A, Kim B, Lewis CM. , 2017, Drug use Discrimination Predicts Formation of High-Risk Social Networks: Examining Social Pathways of Discrimination., AIDS and Behavior., 9, 2659-2669. PMID: 28025736; PMCID: PMC6679928.
- Crawford ND, Dean T, Rivera AV, Guffey T, Amesty S, Rudolph A, DeCuir J, Fuller CM., 2016, Pharmacy Intervention to Improve HIV Testing Uptake Using a Comprehensive Health Screening Approach., Public Health Reports, 131 Suppl 1, 139-146. PMID: 26862239; PMCID: PMC4720615.
- Crawford ND, Amesty S, Rivera AV, Harripersaud K, Turner A, Fuller CM. , 2014, Community Impact of Pharmacy-Randomized Intervention to Improve Access to Syringes and Services for Injection Drug Users. , Health Education and Behavior. , 4, 397-405. PMID: 24722219.
- Crawford ND, Rudolph AE, Fuller CM., 2014, Racial/Ethnic Differences in Recent Drug Detoxification Enrollment and the Role of Discrimination and Neighborhood Factors., Substance Use and Misuse, 49, 124-133. PMID: 23964956; PMCID: PMC4333133.
- Crawford ND, Galea S, Ford CL, Latkin C, Link BG, Fuller C., 2014, The relationship between discrimination and high-risk social ties by race/ethnicity: examining social pathways of HIV risk., Journal of Urban Health, 91, 151-16. PMID: 23749458; PMCID: PMC3907620.